Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

The girls took me to Legal Seafood for lunch today, followed by a stop at my favorite store - Home Depot!  Among other goodies, we got a couple of nifty utility knives to replace the clunky old one that we'd been using.  They are so cool that they even come with a belt clip!  I know I'll be wearing mine with pride.

Upon our return, Sharron and I measured the gaping hole that I made for the vent fan duct work and cut out a piece of drywall to fill the space.  I extended the wiring for the fan and ran it out through a hole in the new piece of drywall.  We spackled in some drywall tape and left it to dry overnight. 






Here's the drywall that we installed yesterday to correct the bent section near the door to the deck with some additional spackling.  Hopefully, one more application should give us a "perfect" surface.   






















I nailed in the 3" wide strips of drywall that Sharron had cut to start filling in the gap created by the removed divider wall.  I'll wrap this up tomorrow and give it the first coating of spackling.
























Now for a word about spackling.  We've been using relatively small buckets of stuff that is pink when wet and white when dry.  The problem is that we can't get this in a large enough container to supply the massive amounts of goop that we've been slapping into the cracks in the walls.  So, today we got a 4-1/2 gallon bucket of spacking that is supposed to create less dust.  We'll find out tomorrow when I sand what we applied today.

No comments:

Post a Comment