Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quarter Round Issues

Oak quarter round

The good news is that during the demolition phase, we recovered 36 feet of the old oak quarter round for re-use. 












Pine quarter round


The bad news is that the quarter round that we purchased about a month ago is made from pine and is NOT a good match for the oak that we have installed throughout the house.








Yuck!


And when you try to stain the pine, it looks even worse!













So, off to Home Depot I went tonight to purchase six sticks of 11'-long OAK quarter round.  I didn't want to cut it to fit it into my car, so I cleverly opened the right front window and pushed it through the ski hatch in the back of the car.  I'll give it all a coat or two of polyurethane tomorrow and start installing it.

66' of oak quarter round





No comments:

Post a Comment