Monday, August 8, 2011

Fun with Brads

I finished all of the time-consuming cutting of quarter round on Sunday and today I got to play with our new 18-gauge brad nail gun, which runs on compressed air.  What took hours to cut and install took all of about 30 minutes to nail in with the gun.

Hitachi brad nailer positioned for firing

I had one nail jam near the end of the job, and it was easily cleared with a small screwdriver.  This was so much easier, efficient and effective than drilling pilot holes and hammering in nails.

Wall extension by the refrigerator
I mounted the first of eight under-cabinet lights today. While playing around with the loose supply wires to test the light, I managed to short circuit the dimmer switch, which expired with a POP! sound.  I got a replacement at Home Depot after dinner and will install it AFTER I install all of the rest of the lights in that line-up.  Photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment