Friday, May 20, 2011

Let her rip!

I awoke early Friday morning to the sounds of Sharron ripping out quarter round with a crowbar and hammer. Music to my ears! By the end of the day, she had removed all of the tile, underlayment and associated staples from the hallway. We now have a huge pile of 4'x4' panels staged on the deck for disposal.


I painted the dining room ceiling and spackled and sanded the walls, which still need one final sanding and perhaps some spackling in one corner where I applied drywall tape today. Meanwhile, I began the process of installing 2" deck screws in the newly exposed plywood in the hallway to eliminate squeaking boards. I also went to the basement and removed all of the wood shims between the joists and floorboards. These had been installed years ago to minimize floor squeaks in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment